Ah, the honeymoon - think of it as your reward for survivng the wedding planning process! And start thinking of what to pack NOW. Because y'all, packing for your honeymoon somehow always becomes a last minute operation during those last frantic weeks before the wedding. To help you out, I've compiled a little list of what to pack in your carry on (be sure to add sunglasses if you're headed somewhere sunny and a hat and gloves if you're doing the winter thing):
1. A satchel handbag is the perfect size for a carry on that fits under the seat in front of you! Lots of pockets and a roomy interior also make it a good choice.
2. A luxurious pashmina scarf is great for layering on over the clothes you wear on the plane (sometimes those flights get chilly!) but can also be used as a scarf or sarong during your honeymoon.
3. Check out this colorful passport cover! I favor brightly colored or patterned ones because they are easier to find in a carry on.
4. A set of clear bags (at least one should be TSA-approved for toiletries) really help keep you organized since you can see everything inside.
5. Remember to pack a Kindle Fire or a book. Those flights can be LONG and filled with unexpected delays and having something (ANYTHING) to keep you occupied is better than talking to your neighbor.
6.If you're looking at a long flight then you might want to pack an eye mask. They can be lifesavers if your seat companion wants to pass the time reading.
7.Some slip-on ballet flats are small and packable (but ideal for walking through those icky security checkpoints).
8. A travel journal is a great way to focus your thoughts and memories of your honeymoon.
10. A good quality, waterproof camera. I like one that you can hold easily in your hand (who wants to lug around a full-sized one on your honeymoon?) and brightly colored (makes it easier to find).
What are your carry on essentials?