A really personal wedding reception is the goal of many couples. But, after cruising Pinterest and countless wedding blogs, achieving some special can feel overwhelming and pricey. But fear not, Tulle Nation! You know this is the kinda shit I love. I've been thinking up ideas for how you can have it all and still stay on budget with these 5 ways to personalize your wedding reception on the cheap:
5 Ways to Personalize Your Wedding Reception on the Cheap
1. Hashtag your wedding. It's so simple and a completely free way to collect images of the ceremony from your wedding guests. Just think up your simple hashtag (i.e. #CandBGetMarried) and post a note in the program and/or a sign at the ceremony informing people. Hashtag Wedding Sign // Art by Heart Prints
2. Have a friend or family member emcee. Pick someone outside the wedding party with a big personality (and who won't drink too much) to announce the new couple, lead the toasts, and get the party started!
3. Toss the bouquet toss. Seriously, EVERYONE hates it. So either just forget the whole thing or turn the tradition on it's ear by giving your bouquet away to the couple who's been married the longest. Wedding Bouquet // Aaron Dryer
4. Collect addresses for holiday cards. Most receptions feature some kind of a guest book so why not expand on that and ask people for their mailing address, too? Have them fill out postcards, and address book, or an old Rolodex to make it even more memorable. Guest Book Sign // The Doodle Coop
5. Instead of the traditonal slow song for your first dance as a new couple, why not shake things up and play a really fun and upbeat tune? Take it a step further and choreograph and killer routine to go along with it. Wedding Song Lyric Print // Jalapeno Paper Btq
What are you doing to personalize your wedding reception on the cheap?