A really personal wedding ceremony is the goal of many couples. But, after cruising Pinterest and countless wedding blogs, achieving some special can feel overwhelming and pricey. But fear not, Tulle Nation! You know this is the kinda shit I love. I've been thinking up ideas for how you can have it all and still stay on budget with these 5 ways to personalize your wedding ceremony on the cheap:
5 Ways to Personalize Your Wedding Ceremony on the Cheap
1. Hashtag your wedding. It's so simple and a completely free way to collect images of the ceremony from your wedding guests. Just think up your simple hashtag (i.e. #CandBGetMarried) and post a note in the program and/or a sign at the ceremony informing people. Hashtag Wedding Sign // Art by Heart Prints
2. Have a friend or family member officiate the ceremony. I did and it was truly amazing. Check your state's laws and see if it's legal where you'll have the ceremony. If it is, then you'll need to see what it takes to have them officiate. Sometimes, it's just paperwork or a fee but others will make them get ordained (via the Internet) so double check. Officiant Thank You Card // Orange Umbrella Co.
3. Write your own wedding vows. This is different from having someone officiate your wedding. Sure, the officiant can do vows for you but think of how special (and FREE) it would be if you two said something from the heart. Either write your own or use one of the ones we've rounded up for you. Wedding Vow Books // Lo Rustique
4. Why not carry a love note with you during the ceremony? Write them to each other, exchange and read them before the ceremony, then tuck it into your pocket or bouquet? Very sweet and a wonderful little detail just for the two of you. Wedding Card // Marrygrams
5. Instead of the traditonal processional and recessional music for the wedding ceremony, why not shake things up and play songs important to your relationship? And take it a step further by playing "your song" during the recessional. Why play it only for the first dance? Wedding Song Lyric Print // Jalapeno Paper Btq
What are you doing to personalize your wedding ceremony on the cheap?