The recessional song (the song the plays as the newly married couple and the wedding party walk back up the aisle) is a tradition that a lot of couples really, really love and want to do. And that's great! It's is an opportunity for the two of you to share a specatular moment with each other without having to talk too much to anyone else plus it's a goldmine of photographic moments. But! What about the song? Out with the traditional classic music and in with country (if that's more your thing)!
Image Courtesy of: Elevate Photography
10 Non-Traditional Country Recessional Songs
Here's my list of some great country songs that would be perfect for a recessional but haven't been used at every wedding ever (hint: no Carrie Freaking Underwood):
- I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
- The Wind - Zac Brown Band
- (Kissed You) Good Night - Gloriana
- When I Think About Angels - Jamie O'Neal
- Perfect - Sara Evans
- That's When I Love You - Phil Vassar
- No End in Sight - Katrina Elam
- What A Beautiful Day - Chris Cagle
- The Way You Love Me - Faith Hill
- Cruise - Florida Georgia Line
// may contain affiliate links //
Do you know your recessional song? Are you going with any of the ones listed above? Why did you pick the one that you did? Share away!