Today, I'm offering 5 suggestions on how to save money on the wedding reception bar tab!
- Nix the standard bar fare and stick to wines, beers, and champagne. They are cheaper and you won’t need the variety expected for a traditional bar set-up.
- Why not do a coffee bar instead? Guests can enjoy coffee drinks like the ones from your favorite café (but with a little Irish cream).
- Host an open bar until a specific amount of money and then switch to a cash bar.
- Certain venues allow you to bring in your own alcohol for them to serve. They may still charge you corking fees or bartender fees, the overall cost will be significantly less.
- Whether you purchase the drinks from the venue or bring them in yourself, you will save by buying kegs and the largest bottles of liquor available. Buying boxed wine versus bottled can also save you some money.