Today, I'm offering 5 suggestions on how to save money on the engagement ring!
- Love the bling but can’t afford the ring? Ask if it also comes in a setting using a lesser metal. White gold looks just like platinum but costs a fraction of the amount. If it is the rock you love but it’s too expensive, look for rings with a stone that is the next grade down. If it is at the top of the next grade, it generally looks the same but for a lot less money.
- Not picky about the design or metal? Check Amazon, etsy, or Scoutmob for some real steals.
- Find a jeweler who will let you pick from a selection of loose stones and empty settings. Many times, even with the setting fee, this will cost you hundreds less than ones "designed" by a professional.
- Don't be embarrassed to look for rings at pawn shops, consignment shops, and even on Craigslist. You can find some really amazing deals on diamond rings! Just be sure to have cash handy and request that a professional jeweler take a look at it first.
- See if you can trade in your old gold in exchange for store credit toward the purchase of a ring. That's what we did and ended up with a FREE $4,000 diamond ring!
// contains affiliate links //
How are you saving on the engagement ring?