In today's 5 for 5, I'm offering suggestions on how to save money on the ceremony alter (On the 5th day of every month, I share a downloadable infographic with my Top Five Budget Tips for a specific facet of wedding planning).
Hope this helps y'all find your perfect, budget-friendly ceremony alter! (click the image below for a free PDF!):
Top Five Budget Tips for the Ceremony Alter
- If your ceremony is set against a lovely beach vista or sweeping mountain view then skip an alter altogether - nature is gorgeous enough. You don't need to compete with it.
- Skip fancy floral arrangements and opt instead for lovely potted plants or fruit trees that you can use at your home after the wedding.
- Borrow a small gazebo or trellis from a friend or faamily member. Adorn it with paper flowers or fabric garlands.
- Love the look of a ribbon background but find it too expensive to execute? Use fabric or old curtains instead. We dyed, cut, and sewed old sheets in a huge ceremony backdrop for our wedding.
- Use a large family quilt or Grandma's special tablecloth as a ceremony backdrop. The sentimental piece will be an amazing addition!