In today's 5 for 5, I'm offering suggestions on how to save money on the wedding officiant (On the 5th day of every month, I share a downloadable infographic with my Top Five Budget Tips for a specific facet of wedding planning).
Hope this helps y'all find your perfect, budget-friendly wedding officiant! (click the image below for a free PDF!):
Top Five Budget Tips for the Wedding Officiant
- Find an officiant that will accept donations to their church (instead of a straight fee). Often you write those fees off of your taxes as a charitable donation.
- Ask your pre-marital counselor to be your officiant. Then offer to donate their fee to a favorite charity (and then write it off your taxes!
- If you book your officiant through your church ask them have pre-marital counseling fees waived. Many will do this to encourage couples to take the counseling sessions.
- Have a friend or family member conduct the wedding ceremony (no officiating fee!).
- If you invite one of your guests to officiate your wedding then you will have one (or more if they have a partner) less guest to feed at the reception.