In today's 5 for 5, I'm offering suggestions on how to save money on the wedding videographer (On the 5th day of every month, I share a downloadable infographic with my Top Five Budget Tips for a specific facet of wedding planning).
Hope this helps y'all find your perfect, budget-friendly wedding officiant! (click the image below for a free PDF!):
Top Five Budget Tips for the Wedding Videographer
- Opt for one camera instead of two. Cutting down on the number of cameras used could remove the cost of an assistant or additional equipment fees.
- Cut back on the hours. Decide what’s most important to you to have video of and pay for only those hours (i.e. skip the pre-wedding stuff and opt only for the ceremony and beginning of the reception).
- Ask for an unedited DVD. If you are willing to do the editing, it could save you loads of money.
- Skip the fancy artsy stuff. If you cut out the fancy special effects, dissolves, and music – you could save a lot of money (again, labor costs).
- Don’t get the extras. Skip the pre-done love story, the babies/children slideshow, etc. Request a straight up wedding package and move on.