If you want a wedding on a budget – it does take work and work means… well, working. But have no fear, fellow lazy bitches! I've rounded up my best tips and ideas for finding a wedding dress on a budget (and not breaking a sweat).
All hail the lazy bitches! We're the ones who would rather pin pretty stuff on Pinterest than actually get off our asses and DIY them. We're the ones who opt to let our partner plan the entire honeymoon because it allows us to spend that time cleaning out our DVR. Yes, we are alive and well in the wedding community – though we're enjoying said community reclining on our collective bums.
But alas, if you want a wedding on a budget – it does take work and work means… well, working. But have no fear, fellow lazy bitches! I've rounded up my best tips and ideas for finding a wedding dress on a budget (and not breaking a sweat).
The Lazy Bitch's Guide to Finding a Wedding Dress on a Budget
1. Right off the bat, forget boutuiqes and fancy wedding shops – they are too expensive for us and generally take an entire DAY to do the wedding dress thing. All day to try on like, 3 dresses? Pffft. No. Instead, go to a national budget wedding dress chain where you can usually try on 5-10 dresses with little hassle and in a few hours. Bing, bang, done.
2. Know what dress you want already? Cruise ebay for a solid deal. Sometimes it's a knock-off. Sometimes it's used. Sometimes it's new but unused. Generally, you can find yourself a good deal AND do it from the comfort of your couch.
3. Try Craigslist. No really, there are TONS of wedding dresses at any given time and most are a steal. If you're worried about bad vibes or jujus then ask questions and take a friend with you to meet the seller. Your best timesaver is to know your dress brand, name, and size already and use the website's search engine.
4. Delegate. Seriously, if you know what you want – why not have a friend or family member track it down for you? This is a task to palm off to someone dying to help… then just show up to try it on.
5. Search online. J Crew, ModCloth, and Plus Size Bridal all have great (and affordable) wedding and white dress options). Order what you like, get it shipped to your home, wear on your wedding day. Easy peasy, pumpkin squeezy!
What are your lazy bitch tips for finding a wedding dress?