You all know and love my mom capsule wardrobes so much that I thought I'd share a few more tips and picks with you. Primarily, I'll be focusing on that inherent need within each of us to freshen up our wardrobe each season with a few special pieces. Think of these as fun building blocks for a fabulous spring look.
I've selected a few pieces that can be used as staple items (ones that you'll wear again and again) to a handful of items with a touch of spring that can be used to make that outfit POP. And the best part? Every single piece can be bought on Amazon TODAY (and don't forget to click through and become an Amazon Prime member with free two day shipping!):
The Must Have Mom Wardrobe Staples
1. Dark Wash Jean Leggings: Make the switch to pure comfort and swap out your favorite jeans for jean leggings. Paired with a T-shirt and flats, they're perfect for running errands around town. Coupled with a button down shirt with some ankle boots, you'll be ready for that PTA election meeting!
2. Patterned Shirt Dress: Flattering on every body type, this is a classic look. Make it polished for church with a cardigan and skinny belt or pair it with gladiator sandals and a denim jacket for an outdoor dinner party.
4. Distressed Denim Skirt: If you love denim then look for new ways to wear them in your wardrobe. A jean skirt is a classic look that comes in many sizes, designs, and lengths. Pair yours with flats in a fun pattern for girl's night or toss on a fitted blazer for school drop-off.
The Trendy Items That Can Make Your Look
5. Bright Sandals: Some sandals in a vivid hue add a pop of color to any outfit. Go with your favorite color and add a bit of fun to those black leggings you do carpool in or pair them up with a sweet mini dress for date night.
6. Loose Fit Tank Top: Pick up a loosely fitted tank top with a few trendy details (like the lace trim and split back on this one) for a fun update on a traditional T-shirt. Toss it on with sweatshirt for days spent at home or add pendant necklace for a sexy look.
7. Colored Slim Pants: Colored pants are super hot right now and far more versatile than you think! Add a simple turtleneck for story time at the library or a long-sleeved top for running to the grocery store.
8. Maxi Skirt: Maxi anything is the best trend ever. Skirts come in all fits, colors, and lengths so pick one in your favorite color and that you feel comfortable in. Pair it with a cami top for weekends or pull a long one up as a dress and finish it off with a chunky belt.
9. Flashy Mom Bag: Listen, every mom has a mom bag – that huge satchel that you use to lug around everyone's else's stuff. And, if you HAVE to carry one, you may as well make it a fun shape in a bright color, right? Try vivid hues like fiery orange, vibrant aqua, or canary yellow because they work with pastels, neutrals, and other brights.
The “IT” Statement Piece
10. Statement Jewelry: Finish off your wardrobe with bold jewelry choices. These pieces are meant to add oomph to any occasion and outfit. From a chunky necklace, to chandelier earrings, to an arm full of bangles – pick something that works for you and go BIG (or sparkly or colorful). Add it to any outfit with subtler accessories for an impactful look.