There's a lot of information out there about pregnancy and childbirth but not as much about how to make it through your postpartum stay at home. I know that with my first pregnancy, I felt really unprepared for what *I* would need for my own care and well-being after giving birth. I don't want you to be stuck in the same situation so here's a rundown of a few specific items that I ended up being VERY grateful to have. Here are my postpartum must-haves (AND there's also a cool contest you can enter):
1. Always Pads – Always pads are my go to pads for those first months after I have had babies and then when I've started my period again. That's no time to mess around with trying new things – stick to what works! Always pads are thin, lightweight, and SO absorbent. Plus, the new sizing system always me to find a comfortable fit without leaks.
2. Water Glass – You're going to drank water like a maniac after giving birth and will want to have it on hand and ice cold.
3. Maternity Yoga Pants – After you give birth, your belly looks… well, still really pregnant. So pack some maternity yoga pants. Paired them with a nursing tank and a wrap top cardigan for those times when you leave the house. The wide band is very comfortable and forgiving to your bloated, flabby belly.
4. Lip Balm – You're lips will be SUPER dry during your postpartum. Stash lip balms everywhere so you can lube up as needed (and it will be often).
5. Comfy Robe – You'll want to be really comfortable at home so I recommend keeping a soft, comfy robe nearby to throw on as needed. I liked wearing one with a nursing top and yoga pants around the house.
6. Nursing Tank – The only thing I wore for the first two months postpartum. If you're breastfeeding, the last thing you want to do is mess with complicated tops or dresses. Nursing tanks were easy to open and close and very comfortable.
7. Tablet – Listen, you're going to be spending most of your postpartum in bed or on the couch with a baby in your arms. May as well enjoy yourself, right? I loved how lightweight and easy to hold my tablet was. Download movie and books beforehand so you can just kick back and relax (when you have the time).
Always and Walmart are giving 100 lucky people a designer handbag worth up to $500!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES. Ends 8/12/18. To enter and for Official Rules,
What were your postpartum must haves?