// I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. This helps me support my family at no extra cost to you. //
Happy Halloween, y'all. I've got another great Halloween themed cupcake for you today. This one takes a little bit more time than these candy corn ghost cupcakes but man, are they cute!
Adorable Purple Halloween Bones Cupcakes
I think these are so perfect for a class Halloween party, to share at work, or just for fun at home.
Melanie LOVES the purple color of the frosting and Finn is just into frosting period (I mean, who isn't, right?). I think the little bones are adorable.
What I really love though is how easy these are to make. In under and hour (and that includes nearly 30 of oven time and cooling), I can create these Halloween inspired cupcakes.
But they look like I spent WAY more time than that one them!
Read on to learn how to make them!
- Chocolate cake mix (and any ingredients needed to make it)
- 1 ½ cups white candy melts
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Violet gel food coloring
1. Prepare cupcakes by mixing chocolate cake mix and baking according to cake mix’s directions. You will only need half the batter for this recipe.
2. Allow cupcakes to cool before decorating.
3. Line a clean working surface with wax paper.
4. In a bowl, microwave candy in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
5. Scoop melted candy into a piping bag with Wilton #1 tip attached.
6. To create the bone candies, start by piping out a small heart/v-shape, then pull down to create a line and then pipe out an upside-down heart/v-shape.
7. Repeat until about 120 bones have been piped out.
8. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk. These ingredients will make up the buttercream frosting.
9. Once the buttercream starts to form, add violet gel food coloring and mix until completely tinted.
11. Decorate each cupcake with about 10 bones each.
12. Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Round Decorating Piping Tip #12
- Set of 100 Weetiee Pastry Piping Bags
- Duncan Hines Classic Cake Mix in Dark Chocolate Fudge
- ChocoMaker Vanilla Natural Chocolate Candy Wafers
- 12-Count Gel-Based Wilton Icing Food Colors
- Set of Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers with Silicone Handle
My favorite kinds of Halloween treats are ones that aren't scary or gross or creepy. I know, I know but it is what it is. I don't do scary or icky.
The coolest part of this (aside from using a chocolate cake mix – HOLLA), is that I can make the melted candy bones the night before. Hell yeah for
I love recipes that allow me to make them in chunks. I never seem to have the time to set aside and make a cute cupcakes recipe from start to finish all in one go. I have two kids who will not leave me alone, KAREN.
I also really like how flexible this recipe is. The ingredients and steps are really basic so you can feel free to change things up to suit your tastes.
Don't like purple? Use some orange food gel coloring instead.
Don't wanna do bones? Use that melted candy to create piped spiders or skulls. Hell, make and entire skeleton, if it floats your boat!