This Wedding Wednesday I’ve got something a little different for y’all. Namely, I’m going to show you what I’m thinking of for our wedding’s stationery suite and you will judge me offer your opinions and advice. Okay? Okay.
Image Courtesy of: I Love SW Mag
So, I know that weddings don’t need eighty thousand different pieces of paper but I am one of those people (you know may know of us as The Office Supply Nerds) who LOVE paper. In a former life, I was an avid scrapbooker and even worked in the industry for a while. I am also terribly anal-retentive and organized (My Brother labeler and I? Have a bit of a thing going on the side…) so the idea of having lots of paper-y things telling people what to do? Right up my bossy-ass alley thankyouverymuch.
Image Courtesy of: Martha Stewart Weddings
So, here are the paper bits that I’m thinking of doing for our wedding:
- Save-the-Dates (will include wedding website information)
- Invitation (will include both ceremony and reception information since the venue is the same)
- Rehearsal Dinner Invitations (for those invited)
- RSVP Cards
- Cool Envelopes
- Ceremony Programs (not going to do a ton but they will definitely be making an appearance)
- Map/Direction Card (these will include parking information – very important)
- Escort Cards (not assigning seats at the tables [so no need for placecards] but will be assigning tables)
- Thank You Cards (duh)
Image Courtesy of: Ruffled
Here’s what I’m also thinking of doing but will totally be considering them to be extras:
- Menu Cards or Signs (we’re doing a buffet but I like it when weddings warn you about the edibles)
- Buffet Labels (labeling each food choice)
- Various Bits for the Guest Welcome Bags (showing local attractions, places to eat, emergency info, etc.)
- Unplugged Ceremony Sign
- Some Kind of Thank You Note for Guests (may include this in the program though)
Image Courtesy of: Oh So Beautiful Paper
So, here’s my ideas. I took advantage of a Living Social deal earlier this year and have already created and printed my STDs (Heh.). Here’s what they look like (they are postcards [which are coming off as waaay more neon than they actually are]. I plan on adding pretty labels to each one with our guest's names and address):
Let's start with the wedding invitations (We'll save the other stuff for a later date so as not to end up with the wordy post from hell!). Here's what I'm thinking of for our wedding invitations (since we're getting married under an oak tree):
I'm loving these invitations, too:
Images Courtesy of: Minted
So, here's the deal. I'd like the wedding invitations to coordinate (but not matchy-match) the Save-the-Dates. I'm also planning on making them myself and will be doing them in a standard size and using colored envelopes (so I'll need to plan on something for the back of the invites). The envelopes will have a coordinating liner inside and some sort of label on the outside (for addresses).
What do you think, Tulle Nation? Did I leave anything out? Do I just not need something? Which of my inspirations do you like the best? How can I make everything coordinate with my already printed STDs (Heh. STD.)? Let me know in the comments!