One of the most exciting things about finding out you’re going to have a kid is all the looking forward to the stuff you will get to do with them. From the moment I saw “Pregnant” show up on that pee stick, my mind started imagining myself with my kid. And The Boy did the same thing… every now and then I catch him smiling at a little one and I know he’s envisioning himself and our baby. Here's a run down of what we're looking forward to with this kid:
What The Boy Is Looking Forward To:
- Going to Texas Ranger games as a family. He did this with his dad and granddad and was looking forward to us one day taking our kid long before we even got married.
- Watching Saturday morning cartoons and eating sugary cereal (while mommy sleeps in).
- Teaching them to hunt and fish and drive the boat.
- Eating ice cream together.
- Taking them to DisneyWorld.
What I’m Looking Forward To:
- Coloring in coloring books together.
- Going to plays and concerts (my mom did this with me from the time I was a toddler on and I loved it).
- Taking them to New York City.
- Baking together.
- Reading Harry Potter and watching the movies.
What are you looking forward to doing with your kid?