[su_note note_color=”#FFFFFF”]// This is a sponsored post written for Neutrogena. I was compensated and provided complimentary products for this post. All opinions are my own. //[/su_note]
I tend to be one of those people who “let's myself go” during my pregnancy. Like, I stop caring completely. After the baby is born, I can start to refocus on myself and feel like me again. And it all starts with some small, simple actions that I can do every day and get back to basics with my self-care routine. If you're in the same situation and looking to regain that sense of self, here's my 5 steps for self-care after having a baby (featuring Neutrogena Body Oil):
- Hydrate. Drinking fluids (particularly water) is SO important after having a baby. You're body just made a person and then helped it into the world so naturally, it's depleted. I like to keep a large glass or bottle of water near me at all times. Some people love to add sliced lemons or cucumbers to alter the flavor. Whatever you do – drink, drink, drink.
- Snack. Most of the time, you'll be holding a baby and sitting down to eat an entire meal will be nearly impossible. Also, you'll be really busy and going non-stop (it's amazing how those little monkeys take up so much of your time!) so snacking is a great option for keeping your energy up. I like keeping protein bars and grapes around because I can eat them with one hand.
- Shower. Take a shower every day by yourself. That seems like a no-brainer… until you have kids and realize what a giant feat it actually is. You don't even need to wash yourself – just being alone under the running water can calm you. Showering helps me relax and refocus on my day.
- Moisturize. Again, you'll be so dehydrated after giving birth and using a light, non-greasy moisturizer can help your skin feel soft and silky while protecting against moisture loss. Neutrogena Body Oil is my personal favorite to use because it is dermatologist-tested and has a light sesame formula. My skin is noticeably softer and smoother in just a few seconds- making it easier to apply and get on with my day!
- Move. Do easy yoga, take a slow walk, or even just stretch but get your body used to doing things again. I'm not a give-birth-and-then-get-out-into-the-fields-and-push-a-plow kinda woman but I will admit that the sooner I begin doing small movements/exercises, the better I feel in the long run.
I'm so excited to be a new mom again and thrilled to be using my favorite moisturizer, Neutrogena Body Oil, again. Did you know that it's the 50th Anniversary for Neutrogena Body Oil? 50 years of making skin softer and smelling great! Congrats, Neutrogena! #BodyOil
What are your tips for self-care after having a baby?