Other than on Wedding Wednesdays and the twice-a-month Fitness Friday – I don’t really use this blog to talk about myself or my life. I prefer to keep things strictly budget wedding inspirational and informative. However, y’all know that I’m a bad ass and a rule breaker. So, brace yourselves… On this Valentine’s Day, I wanted to talk a wee bit about The Boy. You know, this guy:
I know, I know. Ladies… hold yourselves back. If you think you can control yourselves – here’s 14 Reasons I Love The Boy on This Valentine’s Day:
- He has cute buns. Seriously, they distract me. Sometimes I walk into stuff.
- When I asked him to marry me about a year before our “real” wedding, he didn’t hesitant to say yes. And is still moderately interested in our May 2012 wedding.
- He’s super excited to have babies with me. And if that doesn’t happen naturally – he’s super excited to adopt babies with me. And he’s super excited to maybe do both… for funsies.
- He sat very, very quietly and watched football on mute so I could run my mouth off on a Bridal Koolaid Cocktail Hour podcast.
- He was pretty thrilled when I suggested adding fried chicken to our wedding reception menu. Mmmmm… fried chicken…
- He misses me a lot when we’re apart. He’s always calls, texts, or video chats me several times every day we’re apart. Annnnnd – AWWWWWWW!
- Every weekend he gets me 2 bean and cheese tacos for breakfast – even if he’s headed out the door fishing or to the deer blind.
- He has the prettiest blue eyes that crinkle up when he smiles or laughs.
- He teaches me something new every day. Even if it’s something I have zero interest in. Like cars or power lines or fishing reels.
- While we were a one car family (and I had no license), he would work all day and then let me drag him around the mall or craft store with no complaints.
- For his birthday and Christmas all he ever asks for is a hooker. It’s charming.
- He supports me, he believes in me, and he thinks I’m pretty.
- He happily cracks jokes with me and makes me laugh every day.
- His hands fit perfectly in mine… as do other parts of him….
In other words – I adore this man. He celebrated his 45th birthday yesterday and that, combined with today’s holiday o’ luuuurve, makes me all mushy inside for him. Also, I’m pretty sure that he’s going to be particularly amazing this Valentine’s Day – not because he’s super romantic or planning fancy-schmancy stuff for me. No, this V-Day will be a special one because it’s my first one without my dad (who absolutely LOVED Valentine’s Day). Every year, without fail, my daddy got me a Valentine’s card that he had carefully picked out just for me… today’s gonna be a tough one without that card in my mailbox. But, I know that The Boy will come through and help me get through it.
So, how about y’all? What do you adore about your special one? I’d love it if you shared it with me… even if it’s super shallow… fuck, who am I kidding? I want to know ESPECIALLY if it's super shallow.