[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]// I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. This helps me support my family at no extra cost to you. //[/su_note]
Now that I have successfully survived my first trimester, I can look back on that time and start to make sense of it. Basically, I was miserable the entire time. I'll do a post on the nitty gritty details of it all later (I spent nearly the entire three months laying on the couch and doing yoga breathing to make it through). Now, I'm feeling MUCH better and want to share the handful of items that helped me through that time – here's my first trimester must haves:
- Crane Drop Shape Cool Mist Humidifier in Green – This was wonderful during the height of allergy season (you're not supposed to take allergy meds during pregnancy). It really helped me breath at night and get a good sleep. After Baby Voldemort is born, I'll move it to his/her room.
- Wide Band Yoga Pants – When I'm home, I live in yoga pants. These are comfortable, have a wide waist band that doesn't press against your bump, and are really affordable. Also, black yoga pants became my uniform during the time that I was too big for my regular clothes but still trying to hide Le Bump from friends and family. *Pair it with a tank top and a slightly oversized button-up top.
- Dole Fruit Bars – Only 90 calories and packed with fruit. These are actually tasty and really helped me survive my 24/7 first trimester nausea.
- Old Navy Maternity Scoop Rib-Knit Tanks – I could own one of these in every color! They look exactly like the regular Old Navy tank tops so you can wear them under a cardigan without getting “looks” during those few “still don't want anyone to know yet but my clothes don't fit” phase.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – Listen, some nights you're just going to be too damn tired to wash your face. Get some wipes and make your peace.
- Gum – Aaand some days you're just too tired (or too nauseous) to properly brush your teeth. Chew gum.
Obviously, another big Must-Have was my husband. The Boy was wonderful and understanding during this time. He lived in a dirty house and made a lot of his own meals while I was passed out on the couch trying not to vomit. Good job, baby.
What were your first trimester must haves?