The First Dance is reception tradition that a lot of couples really, really love and want to do. And that's great! The First Dance is an opportunity for the two of you to share a public “private” moment in the midst of your wedding reception plus it's a goldmine of photographic moments.
But! What about the song for your first dance? Oy, with the “Titanic” theme song and the various version of “I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing”… what if country is more your thing?
15 Nontraditional Country First Dance Songs
Here's my list of some great country songs that would be perfect for a First Dance but haven't been used at every wedding ever (hint: no Carrie Freaking Underwood):
- History in the Making – Darius Rucker
- You Are – Jimmy Wayne
- Here, There, And Everywhere – Emmylou Harris
- Lost in this Moment – Big & Rich
- The Wind – Zac Brown Band
- The Vows Go Unbroken – Kenny Rogers
- Simple Love – Alison Krauss
- Two People Fell in Love – Brad Paisley
- I Already Do – Chely Wright
- I Could Not Ask For More – Sara Evans
- The Rest of Mine – Trace Adkins
- That's When I Love You – Phil Vassar
- Let Me Go – Christian Kane
- I'll Take Care of You – Dixie Chicks
- The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known) – Juice Newton
Do you know your first dance song? Are you going with any of the ones listed above? Why did you pick the one that you did? Share away!